Home to hundreds of species of wildlife, birds and game fish, Decatur-Morgan County is a great trip for any outdoor enthusiast. Take advantage of the great bass fishing on Wheeler Lake or walk the trails of Point Mallard. Don’t forget to bring your camping gear for a night spent outdoors.
- Begin the morning by casting your line out into Wheeler Lake. Fish for the lake’s famous Small Mouth and Large Mouth Bass and other game fish.
- For lunch, sample famous barbecue from Big Bob Gibson’s Bar-B-Q.
- After lunch, visit the Wheeler National Wildlife Refuge. The refuge is home to 304 species of birds and numerous other wildlife.
- Head to Point Mallard to hike or bike along their trails. The park spans 750 acres.
- Enjoy dinner cooked over a campfire and spend the night under the stars at Point Mallard’s campground.